Monday, October 08, 2012

26


26.   It’s been a magic number for me for the last two years.  Why? In January 2011, I was hanging out on Twitter and one of the people I was following kept talking about #26in2011.  She issued a challenge to her followers to read 26 books in the year.  I immediately signed up for that one.  We tweeted throughout the year on the books we were reading and how we were progressing.

I was so amazed at how many people read not just 26 books (seriously, an average of a book every two weeks?) but 30, 35 and more.  I thought I was a fast reader!

How did I do? Well, I finished my 25th book on New Year’s Eve.  Initially, I was pretty bummed out.  But then I gave my head a shake and realized what I had achieved.

Once again around the new year, I saw the #26in2012 hash tag make an appearance.  I’m not spending a lot of time on Twitter these days but I have challenged myself to make it to 26 books by the end of the year.  So far I’ve done 22.  W00T! 

One of the benefits of this self-imposed competition is that I’ve been keeping a list of what I’ve read.  I’ll be making my way through reviewing those books and I’ll be adding those two tags to my posts so you can sort through books that I covered in 2011 and 2012.

4 more to go!!

0 comments: